About 60% of the human body is made of water and staying hydrated is one of the most important things you can do. Here are some benefits of water and ways to increase your intake:
• Feeling tired is one of the first signs of dehydration. A couple glasses of water could increase your energy, improve your attention, and help you think more clearly!
• It’s estimated that the majority of headaches may be due to dehydration. So instead of a pain killer, try drinking several glasses of water when your head and muscles are hurting.
• Even mild dehydration has been shown to negatively impact mood.
• Staying hydrated reduces the burden on the kidneys and liver by helping to flush waste products and toxins from the body.
• Drinking enough water makes elimination easier and prevents constipation.
• Cartilage—the rubbery material that coats our bones—is about 85% water. Keeping well hydrated helps keep the cartilage around our joints healthy and lubricated.
• Water moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity, for younger looking skin.
• If you want to make your water tastier, add some slices of lemon or some lemon juice, or some frozen fruit or fruit juice.
• Drinking herbal tea is a delicious and healthy way to increase your water intake.
• Carry a reusable water bottle with you everywhere you go. Drink every half hour. If you wait until you feel thirsty, you’re already getting dehydrated.
All of us at Massage Therapy Center Palo Alto wish you vibrant health!