Statistics show that one out of every six Americans suffers from chronic headaches—that’s roughly 45 million sufferers every year.
Every 10 seconds, someone in the United States goes to the emergency room with a headache or migraine.
More than $1 billion is spent on over-the-counter medications to treat headaches and migraines. The lost work due to migraines costs more than $13 billion every year.
Self-Massage Techniques for Headache Relief
- Drink plenty of water before and after doing these protocols.
- Press your thumbs firmly towards each other and into the bridge of your nose, just underneath your forehead. Hold for 10 seconds, breath deeply. Repeat 5 times.
- Take your thumbs and place them just underneath your forehead, with the pads very close to the bridge of your nose. But this time you will press firmly upwards towards your forehead. Take deep breaths while holding this pressure for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Take both hands and pinch your eyebrows holding for 10 seconds. Breathe deeply. Repeat 5 times.
- Press your middle three fingers firmly into the sides of your temple and add a slight circular motion for 10 seconds using steady pressure. Breathe deeply. Repeat 5 times.
Both tension headaches and migraines have been effectively treated at Massage Therapy Center Palo Alto. Massage can help relieve headache pain, and it can also help to prevent headaches from occurring. Trigger Point Therapy and Neuromuscular Therapy can help decrease the pain and referrals into the neck and head. And quieting down a stressed nervous system overall can bring strong relief as well.